This wget command downloads the website www.example.com/examples/ in it’s entirety following hyperlinks recursively.
What it all means:
- download the entire website.
- –domains example.com
- don’t follow links outside example.com.
- don’t follow links above or outside the directory examples/.
- get all the elements that compose the page (images, CSS and so on).
- save files with the .html extension.
- convert links so that they work locally, off-line.
- modify filenames so that they will work in Windows as well.
- don’t overwrite any existing files (used in case the download is interrupted and resumed).
Wget is available for most operating systems, pre-installed in most versions of Linux and can be downloaded as a binary for windows too.